Book a week: week 1

I was actually writing about my book reading in the other blog. 

It feels like it needs a home of its own.

The background story is I started reading one book in a week as a fun thing in October 2020. I was an avid reader before too. But, not really documenting my reading.

I found that if I am choosing novels, I tend to finish the book faster. 

So, I chose my first book "The Reckoning" by John Grisham.

The story unravels a murder mystery. A local veteran killed the local priest, and refused to answer why. His wife is in a mental asylum. His two kids are away from home studying at universities. 


I was so hooked by the story. John Grisham was recommended by my husband. 

One lie and the consequences for many people: that is the story. In the end, two families are disturbed and 3 people were dead.

I never thought of war zone and war crimes before. Grisham takes us through the sufferings of prisoners under the Japanese army during World war 2. that is what a talented writer do with words!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book a Week: Week 21 "A Town Called Solace"

  "A Town Called Solace" is a novel by Mary Lawson. The story happens in a northern Ontario town.  Clara, an eight year old, is ho...